Arbitration World is an update for clients and contacts on recent developments in international arbitration law and practice.
From the Editors
Welcome to the 9th edition of Arbitration World, a publication from K&L Gates’ Arbitration Group that highlights significant developments and issues in international and domestic arbitration for executives and in-house counsel with responsibility for dispute resolution.
We hope you find this edition of Arbitration World of interest, and we welcome any feedback.
In This Issue
• News from around the World
• Enforceability in the United States of Class Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements: The Third Circuit Court of Appeals Signs On To Majority Trend
• Legal Privilege – A Recurrent Problem in International Arbitration
• Challenges Ahead: Arbitrating with Russian and Eastern European Parties
• More U.S. Courts Permit Discovery in Aid of Foreign Arbitrations, but Texas Dissents: U.S.C. § 1782
• The Right to be Heard: CAS Award Annulled by Swiss Federal Supreme Court
• Recent ICSID Decisions on the Meaning of “Investment”
• U.S. Supreme Court Permits Non-signatories to Arbitration Agreements to Seek Stays of Litigation and Interlocutory Appeals under FAA
View the May 2009 Edition here.