Welcome to the 20th Edition of K&L Gates’ Arbitration World
From the Editors
Welcome to the 20th edition of Arbitration World, a publication from K&L Gates’ International Arbitration Group that highlights significant developments and issues in international and domestic arbitration for executives and in-house counsel with responsibility for dispute resolution.
We are delighted that this edition includes a guest contribution from Abhijit Mukhopadhyay, President (Legal) of the Hinduja Group. In his article, Abhijit offers his thoughts and perspectives on the topical subject of arbitration in India. This represents what we expect to be the first of a number of guest contributions from in-house counsel in future editions of Arbitration World.
We hope you find this edition of Arbitration World of interest, and we welcome any feedback (email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
In this Issue:
- Indian Arbitration: Recent Trends
- News from around the World
- World Investment Treaty Arbitration Update
- International Arbitration in Chile—2004 and Beyond
- Thailand Loses U.S. Appeal of Confirmation of UNCITRAL Award and Challenge to Arbitrability
- Important UK Privy Council Decision on Enforcement Against State-Owned Entities
- Saudi Arabia Introduces a New Arbitration Law
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo Joins OHADA and its Arbitration Mechanisms
- Developments at CIETAC – The New Arbitration Rules 2012 and the Rift with the Shanghai and Shenzhen Sub-Commissions
- The Revised 2012 Swiss Rules
- ‘Asymmetric’ Dispute Resolution Clauses: A Recent Russian Decision
- New York Courts Offer Further Support for Parties to International Arbitrations
- New Arbitration Rules in Poland: Lewiatan Court of Arbitration
- Pioneering Deep Sea Mining Project Heads to Arbitration Signalling a New Type of Extractive Sector Dispute
- What’s Done is Done – Or is it? Res Judicata in Domestic and International Arbitrations in the context of Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Investment Treaty Arbitration in Africa: Summary Overview
To view the entire edition, click here.