Arbitration World, a publication of Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham, highlights the significant developments and issues in international arbitration that matter to in-house counsel and company executives with responsibility for dispute resolution.
Welcome to the second edition of “Arbitration World,” a publication from Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham LLP’s Arbitration Group. “Arbitration World” aims to highlight significant developments and issues in international arbitration that matter to in-house counsel and company executives with responsibility for dispute resolution.
- We look back at our International Arbitration Seminar held at Claridge’s, London in March this year and look forward to our forthcoming International Arbitration Webinar programme in the Autumn;
- We examine some practical considerations in relation to arbitration clauses in insurance contracts, consider the issue of whether an arbitrator has authority to grant rescission of the contract as a remedy in arbitration and offer some thoughts on ways to deal with the tricky area of arbitration of multiparty disputes with particular reference to the construction sector;
- A number of recent decisions and issues in the Court of Arbitration for Sport are reviewed;
- Recent cases in the UK, US and Germany on sovereign immunity are assessed;
- We consider the evolving approach to confidentiality in international arbitration and we touch upon the impact on arbitration practice of the growth of e-discovery; and
- We also consider the implications of the new form BITs entered into by the People’s Republic of China and provide a roundup of developments in the world of arbitration across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
View the Summer 2006 edition here.