Construction Law Masterclass: FIDIC in Qatar
On 15 May 2014, K&L Gates presented an interactive workshop in Doha based around a real-life construction scenario to a group of owners, developers, contractors and professional consultants involved in construction in Qatar and the GCC.
Topics covered included:
- Drafting FIDICs in a Gulf context
- An Employer’s view of risk allocation under FIDIC
- The new Ashghal contract – a new dawn for FIDIC?
- Common pitfalls and mistakes operating FIDIC on a project in Qatar
- Dispute provisions in FIDIC Arbitration/Courts
- Other arbitration forums in Qatar & the UAE, and problems associated with enforcement
To download a copy of the presentation, click here.
For more information, please contact Matthew Walker.